Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Video Project for Makeup and Anthropology

So I had originally planned something larger-scale. I had hoped to interview many women of different demographics to pull together a well-rounded video about makeup use, and why women put on makeup.
Somehow, scheduling just never lined up with a lot of my international interviewees, and I had a few local people drop out of the interview line-up.

I ended up interviewing 3 of my coworkers; Georgi, Anna, and Elizabeth. I also interviewed my roommate, Lindsay, and a high school friends living in Maine named Lisa.

I originally started out using Photobooth for Mac to interview people, but I began to discover that it stopped recording interviews halfway through the process, which is why I have practically no footage of Anna or Lindsay towards the end.

This was my first video editing project, so it is a bit rough around the edges in terms of quality. I also discovered the video quality drops immensely when you export it in .m4a format, turning it into a pixel mess. I also noticed the title screen for "What is unappealing about makeup?" reverted to it's original format that says 'title screen' I'll have to fix that and reformat the video.



I didn't intend for the film to have a specific thesis, simply for it to be exploratory of why a few women my age either find it to be necessary or unnecessary to wear makeup. I simply wanted to know their thoughts on why certain makeup influences were there, what they liked or disliked about makeup, and if they think it's an important element to a woman's life.

1 comment:

  1. come here,, visit mine too.. you will get the beauty one :)

    ReplyDelete